Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Keep it positive!

1 Thessalonians 2: 11 For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, 12 encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

============

“Ouch!” I shouted as I pricked my finger with the needle again. The pain was there but it was worth it. My merit badges had to be just right because we were meeting with people from all over the world that night.

It was a Boy Scout conference where a kind gentlemen from a country in Africa came up to me and said “What a wonderful sash you must have done a lot of work” referring to my achievement badges with my pitiful sewing. Wow! You mean someone actually noticed?
  • Encouragement is a great weapon of GOD!
  • Encouragement fights the battle of depression, fear and worry.
  • Comfort is another great weapon of GOD!
  • Comfort fights the battle of sadness, anguish, heartache and pain.
  • Urging to live a life worthy of GOD is yet another great weapon of GOD!
  • Urging to live a life worthy of GOD fights spiritual battles that cause failure on so many levels.
My parents have said “I’m proud of you” and my friends parents have said “you will be somebody” all while others were saying the opposite. These positive words have driven me to perform better and achieve greater accomplishments.

GOD desires that I encourage people during these turbulent times. So many people have fallen by the wayside and they feel they can no longer support or encourage people because they require support. BUT GOD wants me to encourage people like a father.

Here are some things you can know or do…
  • “You can do it” even when others don’t believe in you!
  • “Have no fear” even when you don’t know the outcome.
  • “Encourage somebody” for your own words will encourage you.
  • “Believe in yourself” because GOD made you and HE doesn’t make mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment