Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My complaints make me dirty!

Philippians 2: 14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

============

“Take out the garbage” my mother exclaimed during the middle of my favorite TV show. “Aw man it’s snowing and dark out there” I thought to myself. “Do I have to” was the first statement out of my mouth and the last in that conversation!

She only had to look at me with a cold stare to send a message that I better get off my butt and do this task right away. As I lazily snatched the bag out of the trash can it broke, food and gunk laid on the floor. “Aw man!”

  • When I complain nothing good happens.
  • The more I complain the better I become at complaining!
  • After a while even my friends and family will get tired of my complaints.
I never thought my complaints could make me “impure” BUT GOD says differently. My complaints “to and about” other humans are abysmal to HIM. In fact any complaint I have coupled with a selfish motive truly makes me disgusting and dirty.

  • GOD wants me to stand firm in this warped and crooked generation.
  • HE wants me to shine in this world of darkness.
  • GOD wants me to hold tightly onto HIS word of life and spread it generously.
  • HE wants me to labor but not in a vain or useless fashion.
It’s so easy to complain about life right now. Politics stinking, economy tanking, marriages dissolving and the dog running away would make anyone want to complain, BUT GOD wants me to act differently and shine HIS light in this dismal world.

  • Instead of a grumble HE wants me to encourage somebody.
  • Instead of a gripe HE wants me to enlighten somebody.
  • Instead of a grouse HE wants me to energize somebody.

I have never seen a society where the finger points at other people so much especially in the church. The only solution I can see to this issue is if I reduce my complaints and stand firm with GOD!

  • Are you a chronic complainer?
  • Is your family tired of your constant complaints?
  • Do you see more and more people pulling away from you?
  • Do you realize that your complaints make you disgusting to GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment