Monday, November 1, 2010

My problem is that I don’t “like” GOD!

Philippians 1:  27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel 28 without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God.

============

Three fifteen arrived and it was time to go home. “Let’s see, I can go down 116th street until I get to Loomis street and then I can go through the yard of those who leave their gate open, go through the alley and then I’m home free at 117th street! But how am I going to get across the playground?” I thought to myself in strategic plan to avoid certain bullies in my neighborhood.

Bullies still exist in everyday life. They look legitimate because they get a paycheck, wear nice clothes and drive nice cars, but the “bully” in them remains as cold as ice. It’s called competition and assertive behavior but are there any consequences to this type of behavior?

  • When I’m in it for myself, I win and you lose.
  • When I’m in it for myself, I can’t wait to see you crushed.
  • When I’m in it for myself, I won’t think about helping you succeed.
  • When I’m in it for myself, I love the pats on the back and the accolades when I win.
GOD clearly wants me to be a team player when it comes to spreading HIS great news. This requires some drastic changes in my life.
  • I need to stand firm instead of questioning GOD’s every move.
  • I need to have courage to accept GOD’s plan instead of cowardly jumping in and doing my thing.
  • I need to work together with others who have different opinions yet believe in the same gospel.
My problem is that I don’t “like” GOD. Oh, I love HIM, but there are times when I don’t “like” the way HE is doing things thus “I don’t like HIM.” “Why can’t HE just zap everything into peace and tranquility?” I ask myself.

“Whatever happens” is a difficult set of words to swallow. It means that I accept GOD’s plan of transforming me during “good” or “tumultuous” times. During either time, I am to conduct myself with faith, energy, courage, excitement and most of all love for others for the purpose of bringing people to my savior, JESUS.
  • How are you living your life?
  • Are you defeated and beat up or are you excited and drawing people to GOD?
  • Does your life point only to yourself?
  • Can you make some drastic changes in your life to help others instead of doing your own thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment