Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Who do I work for?

Colossians 3: 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

============

“Seven o’clock in the morning was just too early for a start time” I thought to myself as I trudged in tired from the prior nights antics. In a zombie like state I stood before the coffee pot trying to wake up. Finally, I gave up the fight and curled up somewhere hidden and went to sleep for thirty minutes!
  • My bad attitude at work is appalling to GOD.
  • My combative attitude towards belligerent customers does not show GOD’s love.
  • My lazy approach on difficult assignments spills into my lazy approach to GOD.
Bad bosses come with the territory of work. They are difficult to serve because of their selfishness, shrewdness, insolence or other flaws. They bark out commands and change directions to cover their mistakes. How should I deal with them?

  • When I work at anything I need to do it for GOD not humans.
  • When I volunteer I need to give it my best because I’m serving GOD not skimping on time or materials.
  • When I provide a service in business I need to be fair because GOD will repay my cheating.
  • When I perform the smallest task I must treat it as precious so GOD will reward me later.

When GOD fills my heart, no task is too menial or insignificant. I can come to work with a smile and a good attitude even though the atmosphere is dismal and bleak. GOD wants me to serve others even though I am the boss or the employee, working with all my heart and getting my joy from HIM.

  • Is your work atmosphere bleak?
  • Does your boss or employee have a bad attitude?
  • Can you bring a smile and a good attitude to work today?
  • Can you brighten up someone else’s day by a task or a good attitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment