Monday, December 6, 2010

Deliver us from evil

Deliver us from evil

 
2 Thessalonians 3:1 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

 
============

 
The coast seemed to be clear for me to head home, or at least that's what I thought. I went the wrong. Way that day and "the bully" was waiting on his next victim which happened to be me.

 
He sat on me. Now I didn't think I should be sat on so I hit him. Not the smartest thing to do to someone twice my size so the three second fight was on. After his retaliation punch, the fight was over. He never bothered me again.

 
  • There are people in the world who don't have my best interest in mind.
  • There are people in the world who are just plain old nasty.
  • There are people in the world who do not know or understand my savior who is the CHRIST.

 
Throughout my life I have been chased, robbed, lied on and cheated. Prejudiced people have called me names and purposefully excluded me. BUT GOD wants me to be different.

 
  • GOD wants me to understand my heart is wicked so I need a savior.
  • GOD wants me to have compassion on those who treat me wrong.
  • GOD wants me to remain strong, yet merciful to those who persecute me.

 
It's very difficult to "turn the other cheek" or look past someone's evil they commit against me. I guess that's why Paul requested prayer. He knew GOD wanted him to remain controlled and it was hard to do so.

 
With GOD's help not only can I serve evil people, I can be protected from them in ways I can't imagine. GOD says serve and let me do the fighting!

 
  • Is someone bothering you?
  • Do you expect opposition from evil people?
  • Are you trying to fight evil on your own power?
  • Can you show that person grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment