Friday, December 24, 2010

Give the gift of a “new” you this year.

2 Timothy 3: 1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

============

“Wow, what a harsh list” I thought to myself as I read this scripture in the middle of the night.  What in the world am I going to write about that could possibly be encouraging about this scripture? This particular scripture was on my plan and there was no way around it.

When I pondered over it, I saw it wasn’t so bad. In fact I saw a wonderful Christmas list I could give my family and neighbors.

Here are the top twenty (20) gifts I could give this year:
1.    Do not be a lover of myself rather love my family and neighbors.
2.    Do not love money instead I can be content with GOD’s blessings.
3.    Do not be boastful rather when GOD blesses me with plenty I should remain humble.
4.    Do not be proud instead I can allow people to serve me and admit when I am down.
5.    Do not be abusive rather include my family in decisions leveraging their strengths.
6.    Do not disobey my parents instead listen to their wisdom for they have been where I am going.
7.    Do not be ungrateful rather be thankful for all the blessings GOD has given me.
8.    Do not be unholy instead focus on GOD’s love and remain pure to HIS word.
9.    Do not be without love rather love those who can’t or won’t understand my love.
10.  Do not be unforgiving instead I should be the quickest to forgive and ready to do it again.
11.  Do not be slanderous rather hold my harsh tongue when I’m ready to ridicule someone else.
12.  Do not be without self-control instead control my thoughts, eyes, and obsessions.
13.  Do not be brutal rather be gentle with the souls GOD has placed in my care.
14.  Do not be evil instead be a “lover of good.”
15.  Do not be treacherous rather remain positive and focused on GOD’s ways.
16.  Do not be rash instead remain calm and patient especially when things go wrong.
17.  Do not be conceited rather think humbly of myself and my capabilities.
18.  Do not be a lover of pleasure rather than a lover of GOD.
19.  Do not have a form of godliness instead worship GOD the way HE wants to be worshiped.
20.  Do not deny GOD’s power instead throw all my doubts away and remain true to the faith.

Have a very merry Christmas being a new you!


No comments:

Post a Comment