Thursday, December 16, 2010

My future is bright!

1 Timothy 5: 24 The sins of some are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. 25 In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not obvious cannot remain hidden forever.

============

Huddled over on the side of the order window stood a homeless man counting change to see what he could purchase.  He didn’t notice my presence as I slipped a few dollars into the mix. All I could think about was a sermon that said “you’ll never know when you are entertaining angels.”

On the contrary, I remember stealing money from my parents to purchase ice cream they told me not to buy.
  • Sometimes it’s good to hear about the “good deeds” of others.
  • The world needs more good deeds because human attitudes are getting worse and worse.
  • People are very depressed because no one will do a good deed for them.
Greed, hatred and lust have escalated to their highest levels I’ve ever seen. Blatant sin is becoming the norm and we have fewer who will take a stand for GOD’s ways. So what does this have to do with me?
  • GOD is calling me out of my blatant sin.
  • GOD is calling me to do “good deeds” to be an example in this dismal world.
  • GOD is calling me to shine a light in a very dark world.
Good deeds don’t make me good. Belief in GOD becoming a human to be murdered for me and being resurrected to be in control of everything makes me good. But now that I am saved from eternal separation, GOD wants more.
  • GOD wants more people to believe in HIM so HE sent me to do good deeds.
  • The more good deeds I do, the better I am at doing good deeds.
  • Good deeds done in secret are the best for me because GOD rewards me greater when I don’t brag.
Yes, I sin and I realize that doing good deeds don’t balance the sins I do or have done. I do good deeds just because GOD wants me to.
  • When is the last time you have done a good deed for someone?
  • Can you do a good deed today for someone without anyone knowing that “you” did it?
  • Can you do something very small for someone just because GOD wants you to?

No comments:

Post a Comment