Wednesday, December 29, 2010

When all else fails.

2 Timothy 4: 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

============

“Let’s see… it’s 5:25 A.M., I can get five more minutes of sleep” I said to myself. My plane was going to leave at 7:45 A.M. and the drive was only an hour away. As the alarm went off, I hopped up, got ready in no time and jumped in the car. Everything was going as planned until I hit traffic right at the airport.

I was only two blocks away and at that time there were no cell phones. Sounds ancient doesn’t it? The partner to the firm was going to brief me on the account during the flight I was about to miss. As I arrived at the gate I could see the plane slowly backing up. I disappointed my boss.
  • People will disappoint me when my plans are focused on this world.
  • People will not be there when I really need them.
  • People will deliberately harm me when I expect them to do good.
Humans are very hard to depend on because each one of us is somewhat selfish. I’m no exception. Many times I have truly wanted to keep my promise or be there for another, yet something would get in the way thus disabling my attempt. This news seems disheartening, who can I depend on?
  • GOD said HE would “never” leave me nor forsake me.
  • GOD shows me HIS love in the middle of my sins.
  • GOD can’t wait to protect me and I have no idea how many times HE has rescued me.
The Bible shows many examples of extreme situations that GOD has rescued HIS people without them asking for help. HE knows what trouble I can get into way before I get there and develops a plan to protect me from harm. Why does HE do that?
  • GOD made my life for HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to proclaim HIS greatness thus giving me a purpose.
  • GOD loves me.
I know I have let people down even when I didn’t mean to, and I know others will let me down, BUT GOD will ALWAYS be there no matter what the circumstance.
  • Who do you depend on?
  • Are you setting “that” person up for failure by putting false expectations on them?
  • Have you put your faith in GOD instead of humans?
  • Are you trying to control the situation or can you let GOD handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment