Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grow up and act your age!

Hebrews 5: 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

============

“Oh no, he’s going through my stuff”, I thought to myself. The Spitster was his nickname and spitting was his game. I hadn’t played with these toys in five or six years. In fact they probably could have been given away but it was the “principle” of the matter.  The Spitster was probably five or six and I was probably eleven or twelve.

When I went to plead my case to my mother to control “her” house guest, she said “grow up and act you age.”
  • When I was a young follower of JESUS, I judged other people instead of looking at myself.
  • When I was a young follower of JESUS, I didn’t read the Bible for “heart” knowledge.
  • When I was a young follower of JESUS, I looked at people who truly were trying to follow HIM as being fanatics without a life.
  • When I was a young follower of JESUS, I craved “human” success and accolades.
  • When I was a young follower of JESUS, I treated GOD like HE was my servant.
Not everyone who follows CHRIST will become mature.  They will look at me like I’m the problem for following GOD meanwhile they are not trying to produce fruit in their lives. But that is not nor should it ever be my problem.
  • As a mature follower of JESUS, I need more grace and less justice.
  • As a mature follower of the CHRIST, I need more application and less talk.
  • As a mature follower of GOD’s word, I need less comparison and more action.
It’s real easy for me to say what someone “is” or “is not” doing for CHRIST, but what am “I” doing? Am I growing to serve so GOD will say “well done my faithful servant” or am I pouting and doubting about how someone else is blessed by GOD? HE wants me to understand HIS ways on a deeper level not just on the surface.

This “heart” knowledge will be the basis of all my decisions, the cornerstone for all my actions. This requires me to “grow up and act my age!”
  • Are you growing in CHRIST or are you looking at what everyone else is doing or not doing?
  • Are you seeking what GOD will have you do or are you still operating on your own?
  • Do you try to grow daily or are you criticizing someone else’s growth?
  • Can you take another step to maturity in CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment