Friday, January 21, 2011

I can be certain GOD loves me!

Hebrews 6:  13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, 14 saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.” 15 And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

============

Fast pace was the atmosphere at work. Someone asked me for an extra report and I said “of course” but in the back of my mind I knew I couldn’t get it to them because the workload was too great.  Now I had a dilemma, go home and tell them I couldn’t do it or stay and not see the family.

After working thirty six hours straight I finished the report.
  • Promises are meant to be kept, no matter how small.
  • The words “I swear” has heavenly implications we don’t understand.
  • Broken promises to GOD seem to be worse.
Have you ever done something bad, got hurt in the process and found yourself saying “I swear GOD I will never do that again.” Well those were my words on many occasions regarding a variety of sins.  I didn’t want the consequences GOD would dish out so I figured HE would back off if I told HIM what HE wanted to hear.

BUT GOD wants something different from me. HE wants me to keep my promises instead of telling people what they want to hear. Why, because HE always keeps HIS promises and cannot lie to me.
  • GOD said HE loves me so I believe it.
  • GOD says HE loves every human who believe in HIS SON, so I believe it.
  • GOD says I will have eternal life so I believe it.
  • GOD says HE will be with me always even till the end of the world so I believe it.
I have told GOD and others what they wanted to hear in order to get out of consequences or feel good about the situation, BUT GOD never does that. If a circumstance is going to cause pain, GOD will tell it like it is for example HE said I will face many trials and tribulations because I belong to HIM. HE wasn’t lying!

GOD also promises me HIS generosity, HIS love, HIS comfort and HIS peace.  That is something I can be certain about!
  • Do you doubt GOD’s love for you?
  • Do you think HE has left you?
  • Do you realize GOD will NEVER leave you no matter the circumstance?
  • Do you know GOD’s love for you cannot be compared to anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment