Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I’m not only “in” the house I “am” the house!

Hebrews 3: 3 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. 4 For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything.

5 “Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,” bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. 6 But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.

============

When the phone rang I had a sense of confidence. It was the call I had been waiting for. The company was calling to schedule my third and final interview. I told my friend who referred me and he responded “you are in the house!”

Okay this was a long time ago, but I still remember the smile on his face. He meant I made it. I now belong to the group. I’m favored. “The house” has other meanings:

  • Church buildings are referred to as the “house” of GOD.
  • Church buildings are places where people gather to worship GOD.
  • Church buildings have special meaning but humans are more special.

From David to this current day we built places to worship GOD even though no human-made building can contain GOD. We get excited over this “house” and hold it sacred. BUT GOD wants us to look at another “house” that is more important.

  • When I believed in JESUS I became GOD’s house.
  • GOD decided to place HIS SPIRIT in me because I declared HIM LORD.
  • Now that I “hold firmly to this confidence and hope” I remain HIS house.

Building buildings and going to buildings is nice. The disciples tried to get JESUS to focus on the architecture of a building once, BUT JESUS told them HE was going to tear down the temple and build it up again in three days.

GOD’s “house” is very special. In fact it is so special that HE lives inside it and loves it daily. I am grateful GOD decided to live inside me, making me HIS “house.”

  • How are you treating GOD’s house?
  • Do you believe GOD HIMSELF is living inside of you?
  • Have you let JESUS do what HE wants to do with HIS house or are you still in control?

No comments:

Post a Comment