Friday, January 28, 2011

I’m still a work in progress!

Hebrews 10: 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

============

Years ago a challenge was set before me. “If your faith is strong enough then you won’t need an alarm clock to get up the next day.” I thought this was cool! GOD being my personal alarm clock sounded like a good idea to me.

With excitement I didn’t set my alarm that night. No sooner than I hit the pillow slumber came immediately. I woke up well rested with a smile on my face only to have terror run through my mind.  I had overslept a half hour.

  • Immaturity causes me to “test” GOD to see if HE is listening.
  • Immaturity makes me look for GOD in the wrong places.
  • Immaturity is riddled with doubt, fear and uncertainty that GOD truly loves me with no strings attached.

JESUS sacrificed HIMSELF for me and took care of all my sins past, present and future. HE takes me through many circumstances teaching me valuable lessons along the way.  HE guides me to “holiness” softening my heart every step of the way.

  • The road to holiness begins here on earth with my belief that I have a sin problem with GOD.
  • The road to holiness starts with me being led by the HOLY SPIRIT who was placed in my heart after believing in JESUS.
  • The road to holiness arises when I realize that none of my efforts make me holy.

GOD is the only being who can declare anyone holy or unholy. HE knows what holiness is and declares me “holy” through HIS SON. When I am finished with this life, all of my thoughts, deeds and actions will be judged. Wait, isn’t my belief enough?

Yes, for salvation, BUT GOD will reward my sincere attempts to serve HIM so HE works on my earthly holiness. HE knows I will make mistakes and HE knows I am a work in progress.

  • Do you think that you are better than others?
  • Have you “arrived” by your beliefs?
  • Are there some areas of your life that you have not surrendered to GOD?
  • Can you let go of your worry, doubt and fear today?

No comments:

Post a Comment