Monday, January 3, 2011

Live right while waiting.

Titus 2: 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

============

Yesterday’s sermon called out a challenge to do something different this year. The speaker used himself as an illustration of doing things the wrong way and desiring to follow GOD’s example. He gave a great plan for the year:
  • Reflect on the good of 2010
  • Reflect on the bad of 2010 (but not too long, just to make corrections and praise GOD)
  • Spend more dedicated time with GOD.
  • Cut out sin
  • Step up service
  • Wait on tremendous, extreme blessing from GOD
Wow! What a challenge. How can I take this challenge to heart? I believe I can execute his challenge by understanding “Grace.”
  • When I am livid at those who treat me wrong… show grace.
  • When I am misunderstood in my actions… show grace.
  • When I am the butt of slander… show grace.
Grace is what JESUS gave to me and HE wants me to dish it out in healthy portions. HE wants me to act differently this year while I’m waiting on HIS return.
  • HE wants me to be self-controlled instead of following ungodly, lustful ways… it helps me with grace.
  • GOD wants me to be upright instead of mean, nasty and low down… it helps me with grace.
  • HE wants me to be eager to do what is right and the right thing is to show grace.
Grace is an act of love and love conquers “all.” This year I will try adding a little grace and maybe, just maybe I will meet the challenge listed above.
  • Do you have a person in your life who could use a little grace?
  • Are you upset at someone who clearly did something wrong?
  • Are you ready to argue and be “heard” or can you give them the gift of grace?
  • Can you give grace without expecting the person to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment