Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Make the world a better place

Titus 3:  1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

 3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

============

“2011 is going to be a different year” I tell myself then I turn on the news and everything seems to be the same. Hatred and slander reign on the news bringing me to a boiling point not because of who or what they are talking about, just that they are talking. What should I do about this?
  • I need a new attitude towards my boss, government, spouse or volunteer leader this year.
  • I need to treat them without hatred like GOD wants me to.
  • I need to remove slander from my tongue and respect that person’s position.
  • I need to learn obedience, peace and consideration for GOD has placed this person in authority.
This is very difficult for me to do given the political climate of the world. I mean it seems like people are trying to rule by slander rather than reconciliation. Well that’s the problem, I’m looking at what someone else is doing rather than focusing on what GOD wants me to do.
  • GOD wants me to diminish my lust for “passions and pleasures” so I can teach purity.
  • GOD wants me to reduce my “malice and envy” to the point where it’s under control.
  • GOD wants me to increase love and reduce hatred so that my life can point to HIS.
“Wait” you say. What do you mean “reduce” or “diminish” these terrible things? Shouldn’t I cut them out of my diet “cold turkey?” Well if that works for you then great, but I find I must work things out of my life little by little until one day they are gone.

GOD saved me, not because I was perfect, but because HE wanted to love me and rescue me. I am highly appreciative of that now I want to serve HIM. The key to making the world a better place lies with me changing my attitude this year.
  • Are you bitter about someone in authority?
  • Is slander your mode for getting ahead or getting your point across?
  • Can you reduce your slander in order to please GOD who put them there?
  • Isn’t it time to follow GOD and HIS ways of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment