Friday, January 7, 2011

The most important thing

Hebrews 1:  

8 But about the Son he says,
   “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
   a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
   therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
   by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

============

Driving down the road to my class I listened to my favorite cassette (yes I said cassette). As I proceeded through the intersection another student made a left turn in front of me. My already raggedy car was totaled. This was the first of a series of events that seemed to go wrong.

I hadn’t prayed much nor had I attended church but during this stretch of “bad luck” I decided to pray. “GOD… why are you doing this to me?” The rest of the discussion went downhill from there. I think I mentioned that I was good or something.

Sometimes I view my salvation as something I deserve to have.
Sometimes I treat GOD like HE is mine.
Sometimes I look at GOD as a buddy who doesn’t mind my sin.

There have been many times where I have been selfish and wanted to tell GOD how things should be done. I focus on my problems and situations and ask GOD to focus on me for a moment. BUT GOD looks at things differently.

The FATHER raised HIS human SON and placed HIM back over everything.
The FATHER declares what is holy and what isn’t.
The FATHER anointed the SON with joy for saving me.

GOD wants me to look at the SON with reverence instead of getting angry at what I’m going through.  HE desires that I understand the SON’s position and place my faith in HIM.

What have you placed your faith in?
Are you depending on money or insurance to save you?
Are you blaming GOD for a situation you are going through?
Can you praise GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment