Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A promise is a promise!

Hebrews 8: 10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
   after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
   and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
   and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
   or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
   from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
   and will remember their sins no more.”

============

My childhood was mild compared to some in my neighborhood. I may have stolen some money from my parents to buy a popsicle, but that kid is going to jail for stealing a car. I’m pretty good right? As I mentioned before, sin is personal.  I can look at someone else all I want and GOD won’t budge.

Even the least of sin is wicked to HIM. HE cannot and will not hang around evil when it’s all said and done.  HE gives me ample time during this life to turn to HIM and believe. One day however HE will reveal the promises HE has already kept.

-GOD has already put HIS law in every heart so there is no excuse for not believing in JESUS.
-GOD is already GOD and HIS people are still being collected daily.
-GOD sent me to persuade people not to reject HIM, but one day all teaching will end.
-GOD is building a place for the least to the greatest but the “greatest” are currently the “least.”
-GOD already has forgiven my wickedness from the smallest to the greatest sin.
-GOD has already forgotten the sins I’m going to commit.

GOD’s promises are strong and dependable in fact they are about the only thing I can depend on in this life.

-Do you know GOD’s promises for you?
-Are you afraid HE will go back on HIS word?
-Can you realize what GOD has done and is doing for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment