Thursday, January 13, 2011

Words are more powerful than I think.

Hebrews 4:  12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

============

Foul language was the norm with those who were “cool.” It seemed like the fouler the better. Of course I wanted to be “cool” so I tried my first word. No one applauded or laughed, but wow “I can curse and nothing will happen to me” my simple mind thought.

Later I got good at “the Insult.” I had people laughing “at” other people. My words could tear you down to nothing. I never once thought “is GOD listening to me?”
  • GOD spoke worlds and universes into existence.
  • GOD spoke and what HE made was good according to HIS declaration.
  • GOD spoke and gave humans HIS Bible to follow all of their days.
Words are extremely powerful.  I can use my words to “appreciate” or grow someone in value. I can also use them to depreciate or tear someone down. I can use my words to inspire or I can use them to cause division. It’s my choice but what will happen to my words?
  • My words will be measured to my actions by GOD.
  • My thoughts will be judged to see if I had the right motive.
  • My attitude will be compared to GOD’s love and compassion.
Every word, every infinitesimally small thought, every secret, every encounter will be placed in front of GOD. HE will look at the sincerity of my belief and determine if it was true or if it was just mere “words.” When I said “I believe” in HIM, do I really?
  • When HE says “I will be with you always” why do I fear HE left me?
  • When HE says “I love you” why do I feel HE is trying to destroy me?
  • When HE says “It is finished” why do I feel I have something to add?
GOD’s word is first, final, absolute and utmost. HIS word is supreme and HIS word is the SON.
  • Do you truly believe in JESUS?
  • Can you allow HIM to take control of some of your thoughts and actions today?
  • Have you taken time to judge your own motives to see if they are selfish?
  • Will you look at GOD’s Bible from now on to guide your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment