Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do something!

James 2: 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

============

Bright shining sun began to fill the room as we shut down our marathon night of fun and games. It was Sunday morning in the dorm and a few people were up early, dressed and ready to go to church. There was no way to avoid them as they quickly approached me and invited me to go with them. They were probably going to feed the hungry or something!

I quickly thought of my lie to shake them off. “Maybe next time” I said to them as I trudged off to bed.
  • I will always have an excuse for not serving GOD.
  • There will always be more work to do or fun to be had that gets in the way of serving.
  • When selfishness is in my heart I can’t bring myself to serve others.
It takes more than “belief” to show faith. If I am capable, my “belief” should be put into action.
But many times life seems to get in the way of serving others.  My work schedule along with other responsibilities seems to dictate my day. How can I serve when I don’t seem to have any time?

Serving doesn’t have to be “big” rather deliberate.
  • I can serve others by smiling when everyone else is frowning.
  • I can serve others by remaining calm when the storm of life presses against me.
  • I can serve others by teaching people to serve GOD by serving others.
GOD gave me a purpose in life and that is to serve others so that HE can draw people back to HIMSELF. HE allows all humans to go their own direction and HE loves when I choose to serve HIS creation. I can no longer sit idle while people are hungry and losing their homes. 

It takes practice to serve others so I had to start small and grow into it. GOD has now called me to be a resource to many so HE delivers people for me to serve.
  • Do you believe in GOD and have not served anyone in a while?
  • Are you too stuck in your own situation to serve someone else?
  • Can you take the focus off of you for a moment to encourage someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment