Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How strong is my faith?

Hebrews 11:  1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
-------
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

============

“On no”, I thought to myself. I woke up and had not finished studying for the test. What was I going to do? “I know… I’ll pray!” “GOD, if you exist then help me with this test!” Needless to say, I failed that test with flying colors!
  • There are times when I set GOD up for failure.
  • There are times when I demand that GOD should do things my way.
  • There are times when I think I know better than GOD and when HE doesn’t respond in “my way” I get disappointed.
Faith is not putting false demands on GOD and believing HE will carry out my craziest whim. Faith is confidence that GOD knows exactly what HE is doing in all circumstances. At one time I used to think GOD was in only the good circumstances and the Devil in bad. Now I see things differently.
  • It takes faith to see GOD working when the world is crumbling around me.
  • It takes faith to praise GOD in the middle of pain and problems.
  • It takes faith to give when the next dollar isn’t promised.
  • It takes faith to tell people about JESUS’s return even when people would look at me like I am crazy.
GOD promises me a new life “after” I die. HE promised me no more tears, no more sin, no more pain and constant time with HIM.  It takes faith to believe all this is true.  It also takes faith to believe the current circumstance will pass and that it is part of HIS plan, no matter how uncomfortable it is.

Let’s be honest, it takes faith to believe in the invisible force who is everywhere, knows everything, is all powerful, who has always lived and who always will live. What’s funny is it takes more faith to believe two big meteors collided to create life as we know it.

JESUS is GOD and HE created the heavens and the earth with the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT.  HE died for me, this is where I place my faith and my hope is on HIS kingdom.
  • Do you believe GOD has a plan for the things you are going through?
  • Can you see GOD in the middle of the storm?
  • Are you “earnestly” seeking HIM or do you have a hidden agenda to get “your way?”
  • Have you asked GOD “what would YOU like me to do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment