Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have more faith than I think.

1 Peter 1: 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

============

Fire stretched out for miles burning down hundreds of houses. The blaze covered the city with smoke and ashes. This was definitely a time in which we needed to pray.  After our prayer I felt peace that only GOD can bring. 

We went to the edge of the fire which was about five miles from our house. The winds began to blow away from our house and our community. We felt so happy that we had to serve those who lost their homes.
  • During tough times it is hard to serve the invisible GOD.
  • During tough times it seems like GOD is not listening.
  • During tough times it GOD seems so far away, especially when I am scared.
Salvation was given to me through belief in JESUS. When I believed that I deserve Hell as my sentence, HE rescued me.  When I admitted I have a sinful heart HE saved me eternally.
  • It takes faith to serve the invisible GOD.
  • It takes faith to serve others during trials.
  • It takes faith to serve those who are difficult to serve.
GOD is with me and I am in HIM.  HE will never leave me, yet there are times when I pretend HE isn’t there. HE waits patiently for me to come back to HIM and when I do, HE blesses me thoroughly.

Yes GOD is invisible, but I can see HIM in people and nature. Yes GOD hasn’t used an audible voice but I can hear HIM in testimonies and HIS Bible. Yes I want to choose wrong, but GOD placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside of me to show me the right way to go.
  • Do you have faith in GOD?
  • Are you trying to accomplish things on your own strength?
  • Can you serve GOD even though you haven’t seen HIM?
  • Will you admit today that you are a sinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment