Monday, February 28, 2011

I want to “grow up.”

1 Peter 2:  1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

============

“Let me help you with your bags” I said to my parents as they were leaving to go on vacation. This was the first time I was going to be left alone at home. “I wonder if they will leave the car keys” I thought to myself. To ensure my plans for fun would not be thwarted I placed some clutter over the extra keys to the car.

I knew the radiator had some minor problems so I bought fluid, then I bought gas and raced all over town. When I got home I noticed the little gas and antifreeze I put in was now gone and I had to repeat the process all over again. “Wait, this is getting expensive. I hadn’t planned for this” I thought to myself.

  • Being sneaky takes more work than following GOD’s ways.
  • Being hateful to others brings GOD’s judgment on me.
  • Being a hypocrite only impresses me not GOD.
  • Being jealous of what others have makes me look like a spoiled brat instead of a follower of GOD.
  • Being a person who “slings mud” at others only makes me plant insecurity in my own future.

“Grow UP!” is what GOD says to me. As long as I’m sneaky, hateful, envious and full of poisonous words, I am no use to GOD. My old ways of “getting my way” will not produce the fruit that GOD’s ways will.

  • Growing up in my salvation means being honest with myself and others.
  • Growing up in my salvation means reading GOD’s Bible for me not doing it for show.
  • Growing up in my salvation means craving a pure relationship with GOD the way HE wants it.

My sin nature will one day be removed and I will be given a new body that never gets sick and will never shed a tear of pain and misery. Salvation promises a great life after this life but until then I must take my sin a little at a time and give them to GOD.

  • Are you being sneaky with something?
  • Do you know GOD knows what you are doing?
  • Can you stop doing what you are doing for at least one day?
  • Will you try to “grow up” and live for GOD more and more each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment