Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LORD please grant me wisdom!

James 1: 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

============

An empty light socket was a magnet for my childish curiosity.  I couldn’t reach it so I climbed up the metal pipe dripping with condensation. One second felt like an eternity as the shock surged through my body. Fortunately for me I fell down in the process. That wasn’t very wise!

  • Human wisdom is not very wise.
  • Human wisdom does not include GOD’s supernatural powers.
  • Human wisdom focuses on how, but can never answer why.

It seems like the smarter I became the dumber I got with GOD.  I’m not saying all intellectuals don’t know the LORD, but in my case I questioned the validity of the Bible, GOD’s ways and even HIS existence. I rarely communicated with HIM and when I did it was a half-baked prayer requesting something I didn’t believe I would get from GOD.

  • GOD wants me to believe.
  • GOD wants me to have faith in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to rely on HIS grace, love, power, wealth and truth.

Any doubt in GOD makes me try my own plan which usually fails miserably. HE has shown me time after time that HE is in control. From little to large miracles, GOD has continued to amaze me over the years. 

It actually takes maturity to see GOD in action.  How does the sun never burn out? Why hasn’t gravity stopped working? Why does HE love me? These are questions I can’t answer but maturity helps me know where to go.

  • GOD will give me wisdom in abundance if I ask HIM.
  • GOD will give me faith in abundance if I ask HIM.
  • GOD will give me love in abundance if I ask HIM.

GOD wants me to have the best, but what I consider the best may not be the best. I may desire the best material things while GOD wants me to have the best spiritual things. Only HE can grant me the wisdom to follow HIM the way HE wants me to.

  • What are you lacking?
  • Does GOD have the power to give you “that” thing right now?
  • Why is HE taking so long or why is HE saying no?
  • Are you trying to manipulate GOD into getting your way?
  • Can you remove your doubt and ask GOD for wisdom, faith and love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment