Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A change is required of “me.”

1 John 3: 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

============

“Bend that branch” one of my friends said. I did it and this enabled me to jump from the tree and land on top of the factory. “Wow, this is cool” I thought to myself. After being up there a while, I quickly realized we had no way to get down. We thought about it a while and there was only one way.

We had to jump back into the tree face first and catch the limbs. Fortunately for us we walked away with a bunch of scratches a couple of bruises and torn clothes. I’m glad GOD allowed me to “grow up” now I should be able to make better decisions. Sin is immature.
  • I am immature in CHRIST if I think I can sin as much as I want without consequence.
  • I am immature in CHRIST if I keep expecting things from GOD without making any changes in my life.
  • I am immature in CHRIST if I see the world as something to be gained.
  • I am immature in CHRIST if I keep on sinning.
Belief is a very heavy subject that I cannot quite explain.  I believe JESUS died specifically for my sins and I deserved to be punished, not HIM. I also “believe” this is a saving “belief.” Unfortunately throughout the years I have been told otherwise.
  • There are some who believe they can be good enough to get into heaven but they never compare their goodness to JESUS.
  • There are some who believe in GOD but do not believe JESUS is GOD who died for their sins.
  • There are some who believe GOD will not send a human to Hell and say “how could a loving GOD do that?”
Wow! This can be quite confusing. How could there be only one way to heaven? How can I know if this is the right way? What do I need to be “saved” from and who can be saved?
  • GOD knew I would not choose HIM so HE died in my place.
  • GOD only wants to share HIS unending love with those who do not reject HIS ultimate act of love.
  • GOD knows I can never do enough good to cover any of my sins.
  • GOD gets excited when I willfully get rid of my sins in order to relate to HIM better.
My relationship is broken with GOD and the best way to repair it is to remove as much sin out of my life while being excited about what JESUS has already done for me.
  • Are you trying to make a change in your life?
  • Do you feel your prayers are not being heard?
  • Should you be maturing in CHRIST and making better decisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment