Friday, March 18, 2011

Help me be a “real” man.

1 John 2: 12 I am writing to you, dear children,
   because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
13 I am writing to you, fathers,
   because you know him who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young men,
   because you have overcome the evil one.

14 I write to you, dear children,
   because you know the Father.
I write to you, fathers,
   because you know him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
   because you are strong,
   and the word of God lives in you,
   and you have overcome the evil one.

============

Slow motion running was my best imitation of one of my television hero’s, “The Six Million Dollar Man.” Humming the theme music while running in slow motion, I could picture myself lifting cars with one hand or jumping over large crevasses.

Then I would imagine myself in the middle of some adventure. The bad guys would be getting away and I would use my slow motion running to catch them just like “Steve Austin.” “This was a real man” I thought to myself.

  • GOD says real men know JESUS.
  • GOD says real men have their sins forgiven because JESUS died for my sins.
  • GOD says real me are earthly fathers who truly know GOD.
  • GOD says real men overcome Satan’s temptations.
  • GOD says real men are strong in the faith and HIS word lives in them.
Today’s man looks greedy, lustful, selfish, mean and nasty. In fact the more vile a “man” is the more of a “man” he is thought to be. GOD says HE wants men to be men the way HE made men. 
  • I am a real man by staying away from adulterous affairs.
  • I am a real man by following the leaders GOD puts in place.
  • I am a real man by keeping faith even when things seem dismal.
  • I am a real man by crying over my family’s pain and rejoicing when GOD brings us through.I am a real man because I love GOD!
  • Do you know any “real” men?
  • Single ladies, are you dating a real “Godly” man?
  • Men, can you act like a “real man” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment