Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I want to be productive.

2 Peter 1: 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

============

Strange requests were tossed at our department that seemed quite uncommon.  We were being asked to do things far outside of our responsibility. When I dug into the matter I found a couple of departments had formed an alliance to bog our department down in hopes that we would not complete our responsibilities. This was a slick way to steal our budget.

We took the high road and accepted the extra work. Not only did we complete the work, but our budget was increased to include a portion of the sneaky malefactors.

Good will always win! GOD wants me to grow up and see circumstances and situations as opportunities to mature in the faith.
  • When I have faith to believe in JESUS, HE wants me to be good to others.
  • When I am good to others, JESUS wants me to get to know HIM by reading HIS Bible.
  • When I learn from HIM, then HE wants me to control my sin as best as I can.
  • When I control my sin then I will be tested and tempted so JESUS wants me to persevere.
  • When I persevere and not fall back to my old ways, then I model godliness.
  • When I understand and practice godliness, then I learn to treat GOD’s people with affection!
It’s amazing it takes “me” being transformed to serve GOD’s people properly.  The more I give of myself, the more I gain from GOD. This is a process that cannot be circumvented.  When I try to serve GOD or live for GOD in my own terms then I fail miserably.
  • GOD will more than likely change me before HE changes “that” person.
  • GOD will more than likely allow trials in my life to help me persevere and grow my faith.
  • GOD will accept my growth and bless me.
It doesn’t matter how small my growth is as long as I am growing. GOD gets excited when I do even the smallest thing for HIM. When I pray a little more or read a little more or reduce my sin a little more GOD is there with wide open arms to congratulate me on my efforts!
  • Can you add a little goodness, knowledge, self-control to your walk today?
  • Will you persevere through your trial?
  • When you learn how GOD works, will you seek people you can serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment