Thursday, April 28, 2011

Am I alive or “dead?”

Revelation 20: 11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
============

Summertime was always fun to me. Sunshine, soft breezes, fun and games were the only things on my mind. I played around for hours that day then my mother came home and I hadn’t done a thing on my chore list.

I scrambled around trying to pretend I was working but it was obvious I had done nothing of value to her. You haven’t seen the wrath of a little woman named mom!
  • Life is too short to keep on sinning in order to get my way.
  • Life is too short to squander it on nothing but my own pleasure.
  • Life is too short to only think of myself and blaming the world for my problems.
Death is a debated concept by scientists, various religions and atheists. Is there life after “death?” Well that’s the same question as “is there a GOD who is supreme?” I say with emphasis “YES” and unfortunately the results of those who do not believe will end up in this scene.
  • Every lie is recorded in GOD’s book and will be used against those who do not believe.
  • Every sinful thought and action is recorded in GOD’s book and will be used against those who do not believe.
  • Every opportunity that someone needed help and the time was squandered on “self” is recorded in GOD’s book and will be used against those who do not believe.

I am so grateful that JESUS has made me alive. By believing HE is GOD who was raised from the dead as a sacrifice in my place, I do not have to face this scene. Yes, my sins still have to be accounted for, but my salvation is sealed for eternity.

  • Are you sure you have a solid relationship with GOD?
  • Do you believe the SON died just for you?
  • Are you wasting your time here on earth getting your way?
  • When is the last time you served others?

No comments:

Post a Comment