Monday, April 25, 2011

Am I bold enough to call GOD marvelous?

Revelation 15: 3 and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb:
   “Great and marvelous are your deeds,
   Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
   King of the nations.
4 Who will not fear you, Lord,
   and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
   and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.”

============

“What did you get on the test?” one of my classmates asked me.  “I didn’t do so well” I said to him thinking everyone must have failed this test like I did. I mean it was hard and I didn’t understand a single problem. I thought maybe the professor was sadistic or just plain crazy.

I asked my classmate “How did you do?” I guess I wanted company in my misery. He said “I got forty nine out of fifty!” in a happy voice. Maybe this professor wasn’t as sadistic as I thought.

  • Sometimes I can’t see GOD as being powerful because I see my flaws.
  • Sometimes I can’t see GOD as being marvelous because I think I’m a mess.
  • Sometimes I can’t see GOD as being leader of all because I’m trying to control HIM and HE doesn’t allow that.
  • Sometimes I can’t see GOD as being holy because my thoughts are sinful.

I put GOD in the same bucket I put others and myself. I can easily see the flaws in others and I can quickly point them out but it’s harder to see the good in them and just appreciate it. No doubt I treat GOD the same way.

  • GOD is marvelous in “all” of HIS deeds, large and small.
  • GOD is almighty and is handling all of my circumstances.
  • GOD is just and true so HIS decisions will always be right and in my best interest.
One of the reasons I doubt GOD is because I view HIM smaller than HE really is. JESUS, the lamb, has performed righteous acts that enable all who believe in HIM to be saved. HE is the glorious and holy GOD!
  • Do you really believe that GOD is above everything?
  • Are you blaming GOD for your decisions?
  • Are you viewing GOD by the way you view humans?
  • Is GOD, “GOD” or is HE a convenient concept to be used occasionally?

No comments:

Post a Comment