Monday, April 11, 2011

Do I need discipline?

Revelation 3:  19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

============

Oh no… not the “D” word! When I think of discipline, I think of a horrible time or a time that I couldn’t have “my way.” I mean, I want to be as wild and free as I can, yet when discipline comes then I have to slow down, sit and not get my way.
  • My thoughts and ways would all be sinful if it weren’t for GOD’s discipline.
  • My actions would all be focused on me if it weren’t for GOD’s discipline.
  • My selfish nature would rule my life if it weren’t for GOD’s discipline.
JESUS speaks commandingly because HE lived on Earth and did not sin, not once! HE was tempted in every way I am tempted yet HE overcame the world and now has the right to be the most high. Now HE expects me to follow in HIS way the best I can, but sometimes I’m selfish.
  • GOD’s discipline isn’t used for evil rather HE is just simply guiding me back to the path.
  • GOD’s discipline isn’t meant to harm me rather it is used to correct my misguided thoughts.
  • GOD’s discipline isn’t bad for HE uses “all” situations for good because I love HIM.
There are some things I cannot see in my life, BUT GOD can see everything in my entire life.  HE knows when and where I will sin and HE gently corrects me because HE loves me.  I have to tell you, I don’t like HIS correction, but I would rather be corrected by HIM than to be eternally punished by HIM.

JESUS says “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” The door to my heart has a lock named sin and when I confess to GOD the lock is opened and I let HIM in. I am excited about my meal with HIM!
  • Are you living a wild life?
  • Do you want everything your way?
  • Are you fulfilling your lusts, yet still feel empty?
  • Can you open your heart and let JESUS in?

No comments:

Post a Comment