Friday, April 22, 2011

Fear GOD and give HIM glory!

Revelation 14: 6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

============

“Seventeen” was finally here and now I could go to a rated “R” movie. We went to see a “slasher” movie and my young gullible mind was scared half to death! I got home, it was dark and my neighbor jumped out of the bushes with a startling “gotcha!”

I shrieked and ran in circles while the neighbor fell to the ground laughing for they knew I had gone to see this scary movie.
  • Fearing GOD doesn’t mean walking around fearing harm from HIM.
  • Fearing GOD doesn’t mean despising HIS ways because they are too impossible to follow.
  • Fearing GOD doesn’t mean trying to be so perfect that I cannot make a mistake.
When I was young I feared everything from bullies, to leaving home, to going to college to that guy in the movie sitting in my back seat. Well, he could have been there, I thought! GOD doesn’t want me to fear human problems nor human power.
  • I fear eternal separation from GOD more than I fear someone harming me.
  • I fear GOD’s anger when I blatantly sin knowing HE doesn’t want me to.
  • I fear not obeying GOD when HE says to treat my neighbors with love and respect more than losing my worldly possessions.
GOD is love and HE also holds judgment for HE alone is holy and is worthy to be praised. HE made everything with love and has no place for sin inside of HIM. HE wanted a relationship with me so HE died for my sins. Now my “fear of GOD” is based on love for HIM because quite honestly I don’t want to disappoint HIM, even though HE can never be disappointed with me!
  • What do you fear?
  • Are you in dire straits?
  • Do you fear losing stuff more than you fear following GOD’s ways?
  • Will you make a change in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment