Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Have no fear!

Revelation 1:  17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

   19 “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.

============

Sunshine and laughter outside were the elements that made my punishment too unbearable to take.  I could not go outside to play that day and it seemed like everyone on my block was enjoying the wonderful summer day.  I had to escape so I carefully slipped out the back door and went next door.

After losing track of time, I heard my father call out to me. “Uh Oh! Now I’m really in trouble!” ran through my mind. I slipped back into the house and hid for hours. My parents, the entire block and the police began to search. When they found my hiding place my parents were relieved. “You had us worried sick! Don’t do that again and don’t fear!”
  • When I sin I try to run away from GOD.
  • When I feel low I think GOD is out to get me.
  • When things seem to be going wrong I blame GOD for the situation.
I want my way and I want it when I want it. When I don’t get my way I look at GOD as this ultimate punisher who is out to get me. “Why me” I have cried out with a hint of blame hurled at GOD. BUT GOD handles me differently than I deserve.
  • GOD treats me with patience instead of punishment.
  • GOD treats me with love instead of lashes.
  • GOD treats me with grace instead of guilt.
HE tells me to not be afraid of HIS love. Oh, HE will correct me when I do something wrong, but in HIS correction HE wants me to see HIS everlasting love HE has for me. JESUS is to be worshipped and the FATHER is to be reverenced just the same. HE holds the key to Heaven and Hell and is in control because HE has risen from the dead.

GOD has forgiven me thoroughly and wants me to have a healthy fear of HIS power, yet not be afraid of HIS love for me.
  • What are you afraid of?
  • Is fear holding you back from the greatness GOD has in store for you?
  • Can you stop thinking of GOD from a sinful perspective for just a minute and praise HIS love?

No comments:

Post a Comment