Thursday, April 21, 2011

How do you plea? Guilty!

Revelation 12:  10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
   
“Now have come the salvation and the power
   and the kingdom of our God,
   and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
   who accuses them before our God day and night,
   has been hurled down.

============

Driving school had become a little too familiar to me. My “need for speed” had caught up to me once too often and now I had to face a judge once again. The accusation was clear, I was doing “x” miles an hour in a “fill in the blank” zone. “How do you plea?” they asked. With no lawyer representing me the only thing I could say was “guilty your honor.”
  • Every day my sins mount high and Satan accuses me in front of GOD.
  • Satan is accusing me because he wants to justify his prideful mistake of trying to take over heaven.
  • Satan’s accusations of me are true and I deserve to get the sentence GOD has for him.
Like a pouting child, Satan goes before GOD trying to justify himself. I believe he compares my sin to his and tries desperately to make a case that he should be forgiven. Clearly GOD isn’t listening to his accusations, but why?
  • When JESUS died and rose again the guilt of my sins went away.
  • When JESUS died and rose again I was given hope.
  • When JESUS died and rose again I became part of HIS family simply by believing in HIM.
Almighty, all powerful GOD had enough of Satan’s antics. HE threw Satan out of heaven and is reworking everything that was made. Don’t get me wrong GOD did not make a mistake during creation rather HE allowed free will to take its course.

HE knew the stakes would be high and JESUS volunteered to save any human who would give up their life to follow HIM. My simple, childlike faith in JESUS saves me from eternal separation from GOD.
  • Are you guilty of sin?
  • Do you accuse others of their habits when your habits are no better?
  • Are you trying to justify yourself by accusing others instead of admitting your own sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment