Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nobody’s perfect!

Revelation 5: 1 Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” 3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it.

4 I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. 5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

============

Isn’t it amazing how problems got started? I mean it all began with a being seeing something that I don’t quite understand. Satan must have seen something about GOD that he thought was weakness. In fact I think Satan mistook GOD’s kindness for weakness.

Here is how I believe things went down:
  • GOD made humans out of pure love.
  • GOD gave every living thing choice to choose sin and die eternally or choose HIM.
  • GOD gave HIS word that if anything goes wrong with “free will” then a perfect human would resolve everything.
  • GOD sealed this decree up on a scroll.
I bet Satan thought that if he could ruin humanity then no one would be worthy to open the scroll. He could easily ruin the humans with a little sin and that only left the angels and GOD. The angels have choice, but weren’t the same as humans so they could not redeem them.

So that left GOD to do the redemption. He probably thought “who in their right mind would give up being GOD to become a human.” So he put his devious plan into action. I actually am guessing at this but here is how I think things went down.
  • Satan thought he could ruin all humans by starting with the first, namely Adam.
  • Satan thought GOD would bow down to him if no one was able to open the judgment scrolls.
  • Satan thought he could coerce GOD into giving up HIS position by holding humans hostage.
Pride was Satan’s downfall. He questioned “Why does GOD have to do it ‘that’ way?” He thought “GOD’s plan isn’t working so I better do things myself.” He surmised “I deserve better treatment from GOD because HE made ‘me’ beautiful and special.”

Satan’s problem was he thought GOD could be lower than him and he couldn’t fathom that GOD is “all powerful”, ”all knowing” and is “everywhere”. GOD did become a human, live a perfect life without sin, died and rose to be placed as head of all creation once again. The scrolls can therefore be opened and JESUS is the only one who can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment