Friday, April 29, 2011

A real “royal” wedding

Revelation 21: 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

============

We saw the royal wedding today. About two billion people saw this spectacular event.  I heard one commentator say that the country really needed this wedding to happen because people would buy memorabilia and give the ailing economy a boost. Thirty nine million was spent on this wedding BUT GOD’s wedding will be so much more than this!

  • The temporary economic relief on earth will be followed by more troubles.
  • The temporary peace in countries will be followed by mayhem because humans like their way.
  • The temporary feeling of security will be followed by trials because humans place their faith in money.

There is only one remedy for peace, security, wealth and love namely GOD. HE is the only one who would marry sinners like you and me. I like the beginning of this chapter where it says “IT IS DONE!” meaning there will come a day when sin will no longer be on my mind.

  • GOD is preparing me now for an eternal life with HIM.
  • GOD is preparing a place for me to live with HIM forever.
  • GOD is preparing eternal excitement and each moment will be better than the last.

I don’t know what type of tears I will have in heaven when I first arrive. Will they be guilty tears because I sinned more than I thought? Will they be shameful tears because my hidden sin will be exposed to everyone? Will they be joyous tears because I no longer have to endure life as we know it on earth?


All I know is GOD will wipe my temporary tears away and I will no longer cry. There will no longer be worry, fear, doubt, mourning, or pain. All temptations will be removed and life with GOD will be great.

  • Are you impressed with the royal wedding?
  • Do you believe earthly wealth can give you happiness and security?
  • Can you look to GOD for your comfort from pain?
  • Will you trust HIS plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment