Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Time for a new attitude.

Revelation 18: 4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
   “‘Come out of her, my people,’
   so that you will not share in her sins,
   so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
   and God has remembered her crimes.

============

“How big is your house?” one of my neighbors asked. This strange question was followed by my prideful answer. “A decent size” You see we had successfully kept up with the “Jones’s” and my house matched the size of my salary.

According to the “dream” we had made it. Expensive cars, fancy furniture, luxury vacations and clothes to match, people were finally envying me instead of it being the other way around. When someone asked my title, I flashed it around like a badge of honor. “Wow, I’m pretty good at being humble!”
  • I easily fell to the attitude of wanting more.
  • I easily fell to the attitude of thinking titles give respect.
  • I easily fell to the attitude of believing stuff brings on happiness.
“Self” is the new proclaimed god. Pride in self, accomplishments and “levels” of achievement are dominant in society and GOD doesn’t like it. When positions were eliminated and I found myself on the outside, I lost my sense of worth. BUT GOD had a different view.
  • GOD wants me “out” of greed and “into” grace.
  • GOD wants me “out’ of lust and “into” love.
  • GOD wants me “out’ of mayhem and “into” mercy

I can’t help thinking “what will GOD say about my life?” I mean, when it’s all said and done will HE look back and ask me “Why didn’t you cheat more people?” or “why didn’t you stay away from your family making money longer?” I don’t think so.

GOD wants me out of the greedy, lustful, boastful attitude for good, no matter how wealthy I become.

  • Are you trying to get more stuff for respect?
  • Do you like people envying you?
  • Do you envy others?
  • Can you change your attitude to share some of your wealth with a person GOD directs you to?

No comments:

Post a Comment