Thursday, April 7, 2011

What more can I do?

Revelation 2: 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

============

“Please, oh please give me the promotion” was my prayer. I had worked hard that year, sometimes not seeing my family for weeks at a time. The announcements came out early and I wasn’t on the list. “Why” I exclaimed with bitterness. I mean I went to church, paid tithes, didn’t smoke, drink or do drugs. “I worked hard so why not give me what I want… what more do YOU want from me?"
  • When I do deeds to manipulate GOD into giving me what I want then I “never” move HIM.
  • When I think of the sins I’m “not” doing I quickly forget about the sins I “am” committing.
  • When I think I’ve reached the pinnacle of my relationship with GOD, HE says you can “always” do more.

GOD isn’t looking for me to burn myself out rather HE sees that I have more capacity to act like HIM on a daily basis. HE knows little by little I can drop my selfish ways and begin to serve HIS people the way HE wants me to serve them.

  • Deeds performed out of a love for GOD yield a quality relationship with HIM.
  • Love towards GOD’s people isn’t easy but is expected of me.
  • Faith in GOD’s plan helps me reduce my worry of the future.
  • Serving GOD’s people keeps me busy and I don’t have time to doubt GOD.
  • Persevering “through” troubles helps me see GOD at work and in many instances seeing miracles.

When I was a child, I thought as a child and acted like a child but now that GOD has grown me up, I want to do more for HIM because HE did so much for me.  If GOD doesn’t do another thing for me here on Earth, HE has already done more than I could ever ask. I do “more” and “more” specifically to praise HIM.

  • Are you trying to manipulate GOD into getting your way?
  • Do you think you have “arrived” and you deserve better treatment from GOD?
  • Are you willing to do a little more for HIM each day or are you giving up?
  • Do you think your body, mind and soul is “yours” or GOD’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment