Friday, May 27, 2011

Feeling Helpless?

Matthew 8:  1 When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. 2 A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”

 3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.

============

Being all alone with an injury was one of the many fears I had to face in life. Sitting in my apartment I clutched my chest in riveting pain. I couldn’t breathe and I was too scared to move. This was different than a pulled muscle or gas. I felt helpless.

I called on the LORD and made empty promises of the sins I would never do again. After a while the pain subsided enough that I could drive myself to a friend’s apartment who promptly took me to the doctor. Looking back, there was nothing I could do to make myself better.

  • Sin in my life is like a physical ailment, I can’t remove it.
  • No matter how hard I try, my sin condition permeates my soul and I need someone else to remove it.
  • When I look at my sinfulness I feel helpless because I feel that GOD has the right to ignore me.

Just like a physical ailment sin is a deadly condition that leads me to eternal separation from GOD.  My thoughts and actions are sinful and I need help with my condition. Fortunately for me I have someone I can call on.

  • When troubles get to difficult for me I can call on the LORD and HE is willing to rescue me.
  • When I am feeling low and nothing is going right I can call on the LORD and HE is willing to pick me up.
  • When I am broken by wrong choices, bad decision or misguided plans, I can call on the LORD and HE is willing to heal me.

It feels great to be able to call on the LORD and ask “If you are willing…” HE is faithful and willing to help me with my needs!

  • What difficult thing are you facing in life?
  • Have you reached out to ask GOD if HE is willing to help?
  • Do you have the faith to know HE will do just as HE says HE will?

No comments:

Post a Comment