Tuesday, May 3, 2011

GOD has a better plan.

Matthew 1: 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
 20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

============

“Excuse me” I said in an irritated tone towards the waitress. She had given bad service all morning and in my mind I thought about skipping the “tip” that day. Then “that voice” popped in my head. “Be generous.” “Aw man why should I be generous to someone who clearly doesn’t deserve it?” I thought to myself.

I grudgingly gave a nice tip and I could see the waitresses face tear up a little. Maybe I didn’t know as much as I thought.
  • Things are not always what they seem.
  • My thoughts are not GOD’s thoughts.
  • My ways are sinful.

Joseph saw a circumstance from his selfish perspective and I did the same when I looked at the situation from a “serve me” mindset. Yes, bad service should not be excused however there are times when I must consider the person rather than the situation. I’m glad I listened to GOD.
  • Listening to GOD means doing something to help the other person even when I don’t feel like it.
  • Listening to GOD means seeing a messed up situation and knowing GOD has a plan.
  • Listening to GOD means treating GOD’s humans with love in spite of their actions.
GOD has a great plan for me, unfortunately I try to run and hide from HIM instead of waiting and listening. I guess my maturity level needs to be adjusted and with GOD’s help I will be more accepting of HIS plan.
  • Can you stop worrying, venting or pouting a moment to see GOD at work in your life?
  • Will you ask GOD “what do YOU want me to do?”
  • Have you considered that GOD is working in “that” person’s life as well as yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment