Monday, May 2, 2011

Help me focus on the right person.

Revelation 22: 12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

============

One shot was all it took to take down a notorious villain is what the news boasted this morning. They had chased the leader of a terrorist group for the past ten years and now people are celebrating in the streets. I say celebrate, but not for too long.
  • Israel celebrated when they left Egypt and complained months later.
  • GOD’s people celebrated when Goliath was taken down yet sinned by not following GOD’s ways shortly after.
  • “Hosanna” was the shout of victory when JESUS entered the city but no one could be found a week later.

People need to celebrate because there has been so much bad news so I say take a moment and do so, but do not take your eye off the true prize which is JESUS.

  • JESUS says vengeance is mine I will repay.
  • JESUS says come to me all who are burdened and I will give you rest.
  • JESUS says confess to me any sin and I will cleanse you of all unrighteousness.

HE is the Alpha, Omega, First, Last, Beginning and the End. There is no argument, no arbitration, or repudiation that JESUS is the head of everything. I now have a true reason to celebrate and that is HE has rewards for me in spite of my sins!

  • Are you looking at someone else’s demise as a reason to celebrate?
  • Can you shed the ‘someone has to “win” and someone has to “lose” attitude?’
  • Will you take a moment to recognize who is in control and celebrate HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment