Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I am special.

Matthew 2: 5 “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written:
6 “‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for out of you will come a ruler
who will shepherd my people Israel.’”

============

Our neighborhood was typical in the big city. Houses, families, dogs and a car was what you would find for block and blocks. I was oblivious to the future and never really thought about “what I would become.”  I was just a kid in a neighborhood going to and from school.
I never would have imagined the adventure GOD had for me in the ride called life. With uncombed hair and tattered clothes I just never thought I would be someone special. BUT GOD thought differently.
  • It doesn’t matter to GOD what neighborhood I lived in, I am special to HIM.
  • It doesn’t matter to GOD what social status I’m in, I am special to HIM.
  • It doesn’t matter to GOD what clothes I wear, car I drive or gadget I use, I am special to HIM.
More and more I see people who consider themselves special by their job titles, social standing or cumulative wealth. When any of these things get out of whack, they don’t feel as special, I know I felt this way. GOD on the other hand started me off special as a child.

I had no possessions entering the world and will leave with nothing. What makes me special is GOD has placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside me and now I am able to speak about HIS SON in generous amounts without guilt of yesterday’s sin.

  • JESUS entered the world as a humble servant.
  • JESUS came from a modest town.
  • JESUS walked the earth with no wealth.
GOD knows human wealth and human titles are no match for HIS wealth or HIS title. When HE declares something special, no one can change that decree. HE has declared you and I special, that’s all that matters!
  • Do you believe GOD made you special?
  • Do you think GOD has a bigger plan for you?
  • Can you drop your fears and follow GOD’s leading?

No comments:

Post a Comment