Thursday, May 26, 2011

I’m due for a “crash.”

Matthew 7: 24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

============

School troubles, girl troubles, parent troubles, money troubles were just a few troubles that year.  I hadn’t prayed much, but when I did things seemed to clear up. “I got it from here LORD” I said but I went on my own plan.

A year later, car troubles, money troubles, health troubles arose. I hadn’t prayed much… I guess I got too busy doing my plan. I prayed and things cleared up again. “I got it from here LORD” I said but I went on my own plan again!
  • Following my own plan does not take foundational faith in the LORD.
  • Following my own plan usually excludes GOD and winds up in some variety of lust.
  • Following my own plan makes me miss some crucial elements that would get me through problems.
  • Following my own plan leaves me to depend only on me and when I get into trouble I “crash.”
It truly takes faith to follow the words JESUS said and if I don’t depend on this “foundation” then life will truly get to me.  People will attack my character, money will ebb and flow and my body will have aches and pains. Now what will I do? Will I depend on GOD or fall apart?
  • Depending on GOD means I understand and agree with HIS word.
  • Depending on GOD means I put into practice the same grace, mercy and love HE has shown me.
  • Depending on GOD means I reduce complaining, reduce sin and reduce retreating from GOD.
GOD wants me to have a true relationship with HIM which means in spite of my sin I will humbly bow to HIM daily. My prayers will change from demanding HIM to do things the way “I” want them to be done, to asking HIM “what would ‘YOU’ like me to do?” This is a foundation that won’t let me “crash.”
  • Are you following your own plan?
  • Do you get disappointed at GOD for not doing things “your” way?
  • Have you asked GOD “what would YOU like me to do?”
  • Do you “Believe” HIS plan is the best plan for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment