Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I’m giving! Please tell the news!

Matthew 6: 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
============

As I developed my business plan, “giving” was going to be one of my headlines in the press release. People feel good about a business that gives and I wanted my business to grow so I developed a plan that would get that crowd of generous people.

I could just see the headlines, “He gave a boatload!” This of course would be followed by applause and excessive back patting.
  • Giving with the wrong intent does not move GOD.
  • Giving with the motive of getting something here on earth does not move GOD.
  • Giving with the loudest bragging only brings attention to me and does not move GOD.
Anytime I’m giving in public I draw all the fanfare towards me when it really should be going to GOD. HE truly loves when I give in secret because many things change.
  • When I give in secret my motive is pure.
  • When I give in secret, the more I give the more GOD rewards me in heaven.
  • When I give in secret the recipient and others praise GOD and not me.
Unfortunately I like the praise and honor from humans but when I take a moment to stop bragging GOD says “well done” “thank you for serving one of MINE.”
  • Do you like the recognition for your efforts?
  • Can you do the things you do only for GOD instead of being recognized?
  • Is there someone you can give to in secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment