Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It’s not just “how” I judge but “who”.

Matthew 7:  1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
-------
 Matthew 7:  6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

============

Misery was the tone in the department. Our boss was a blowhard who thought his insults were valiant. I figured he needed to be fixed so I took it upon myself to “soften” him up a bit. Wow this was frustrating but patience was required.

Meanwhile at home the slightest breach in “the rules” would bring on my wrath. Back at work my plan backfired and the guy began lashing out on me. “Is anyone in my corner?” I wondered.

  • When I judge others, I am saying to GOD treat me the same way.
  • When I judge others, I bring judgment on myself.
  • When I judge others, I have to remember my own sin.

It’s not just “how” I judge but “who”. GOD says we should correct each other in love and in this passage HE also wants me to choose “who” I try to correct. I must look at my own sin and ask GOD for forgiveness then humbly turn to the person “who is willing” to accept correction and help them with their problem.

  • Trying to correct the wrong person will bring on a battle I’m not ready for.
  • Trying to correct the wrong person is a waste of time.
  • Trying to correct the wrong person means I think I know better than them and GOD may allow their wrath to fall on me.
I have spent my share of time with the greedy and the lustful. Their thoughts are not GOD’s thoughts and they are not willing to change anytime soon. GOD wants me to take the lust and greed out of my “eye” then help those who are struggling with life to do the same. HIS sacred words are not to be wasted on the unwilling.

  • Are you wasting your time trying to be buddies with upper management in hopes to get a raise or promotion?
  • Are you sinning because they are sinning?
  • Can you reduce or stop the sins you are doing that “they” are doing as well?
  • Will you take your lesson about your sinfulness to the people who are willing to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment