Monday, May 9, 2011

Looking for somebody?

Matthew 4: 19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
============

“Need a job? Network” I was told. “Want to grow your business? Network” I was told. “Want more out of life? Network” I am told. Networking has become this thing that seems great for the political and gross for the average person.


“You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” is a growing self-serving attitude that I don’t quite feel comfortable with. How can I be successful if that isn’t my personality?

  • I can’t follow JESUS when I am arrogant.
  • I can’t follow JESUS when I am fearful.
  • I can’t follow JESUS when I am lustful.
  • I can’t follow JESUS when I am doubtful.
  • I can’t follow JESUS when I am lazy.
JESUS told HIS disciples to follow HIM meaning “Do what I do.” HE tirelessly gave of HIMSELF while keeping a peaceful attitude. HE had to show HIS disciples how to serve people and how to have the right attitude while doing so.


Humans are flawed. We are selfish even when we serve, BUT JESUS was pure in all of HIS intentions. HE showed me how to serve others just for the sake of serving HIM. Now when I do something “nice” for someone, I know it brings the person one more step closer to GOD.

  • Networking for GOD always yields profit in my life.
  • Networking for GOD always feels like the right thing to do.
  • Networking for GOD always works when my motive is purely focused on HIM.

GOD doesn’t need me to manipulate, coerce, or entangle people to have a relationship with HIM. HE simply wants me to share the great news about the things HE has done for me over the years. That’s it. My net “heavenly worth” goes up each sincere moment I share. GOD will take care of my earthly needs when I focus on HIS heavenly kingdom.

  • Why do you meet people?
  • Is it difficult for you to “network?”
  • Are you meeting people to serve yourself or to serve GOD?
  • Can you serve someone today even if it is as little as a smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment