Monday, May 23, 2011

LORD help me with my priorities.

Matthew 6: 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

============

Sitting in class distracted because the guys were talking about the latest gym shoe that I couldn’t afford. Going on interviews in college with the one suit I had since my high school graduation, hoping it still fit enough to get the job. Getting a well-paying job, but having so much school loan debt that I wondered how I was going to eat.

The dream was to get educated so I could get a well-paying job so I could attain a certain amount of wealth. Sounds nice doesn’t it, but this path comes with its price.

  • When the goal is to have more stuff I lose focus on needs versus wants.
  • When the goal is to have nicer stuff I get into debt feeding my lusts.
  • When the goal is to have the best meals I can’t sacrifice my expensive pallet to bland distasteful food.

I have lived the dream of getting educated and attaining a nice salary. This brings on a desire for better cars, bigger houses, finer garments, nicer trips and taster foods. BUT GOD wants my dream to be different.

  • My goal should be to help others and if wealth comes with it then so be it.
  • My goal should be to worship GOD the way HE wants to be worshipped whether I am rich or poor.
  • My goal should be to ask GOD “what does HE want me to have” rather than demanding for things and worrying about not getting them.

GOD wants me to seek HIM and to try my best to have others do the same. The junk on this earth will continue to change. There will always be new technology, new styles, new ways to prepare food, but if GOD’s kingdom is my primary focus, I will never worry over what I have or do not have.

  • Why are you worried?
  • Is it because you do not have something?
  • Do you have CHRIST in your life?
  • Are you seeking HIS way or your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment