Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ashamed of GOD?

Mark 8: 35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? 37 Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

============

Our missions trip was scheduled and we were getting packed to go to a different country this time. I went to work to verify my vacation time and my boss at that time asked me “what are you going to do on your vacation?”

My mind quickly went into defense mode. I thought of all sorts of statements that would satisfy his curiosity without letting on that I am a follower of CHRIST who wants to preach the gospel. “We are going to teach English” I blurted out. This was no lie but that wasn’t the primary reason for the trip. Why was I so ashamed?

  • At times I don’t want to be embarrassed so I hide my light for CHRIST.
  • There are times when I feel like business is business and my CHRIST life is separate.
  • Many times I have worn my title as a businessman on my sleeve but when it came to my CHRIST life I tried to hide.

It’s amazing how many times I have thought about telling someone about CHRIST or even that I am HIS follower but didn’t because I was too embarrassed. I mean I don’t want to be viewed as some sort of weirdo otherwise I might not get that promotion.

I stripped all service related items from my resume and tried to look as generic as I could to the world. Business is business right?

  • GOD does not like when I act ashamed of HIM.
  • HE desires that I act different than those who do not follow HIM.
  • GOD wants my business life to point to HIM as well.

Everything I do should point to GOD.  I should never be ashamed of talking about HIM or living for HIM.  HE is the reason for my existence and I should never forget that. My soul should never be exchanged for my pride.

  • Are you trying to hide your relationship with CHRIST from “that” group of people?
  • Why do you feel ashamed sometimes and not ashamed other times?
  • Can you be bold for CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment