Thursday, June 16, 2011

Don’t wait until it’s too late.

Matthew 27: 54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

============

“Unless you execute a great final, you will fail this class” my professor exclaimed to me. I went to my room and I was determined to prove him wrong. I now understood the term “cramming” as I tried to shove an entire semester of learning into a few short nights.

An imprint of the book was on my face as I woke up on the day of the test. I sat down, took the test and got a “C” on the final. Unfortunately that wasn’t enough to bring my grade up and I failed the course. It was too little, too late!

  • Life is extremely short and sometimes I don’t pay attention to GOD.
  • Life is extremely short and most times I want my sinful way.
  • Life is extremely short and there are times I fight with GOD instead of siding with HIM.

Those who murdered JESUS really wanted to see if HE would do something supernatural in front of them. They did not believe HE was GOD who had become a man rather they treated HIM like entertainment for their amusement. In many ways I am like them.

When I don’t believe GOD and I set a false supernatural expectation of HIM that HE won’t do, I am treating HIM like those who murdered HIM. I mean when I say statements like “If YOU are GOD then do X Y Z” I am saying I don’t believe HE “is” GOD and I refuse to follow HIS plan.

  • There will come a time when I will die and it will be too late to honor GOD.
  • There will come a time when I will pass away and I will realize the times I could have served HIM.
  • There will come a time when I will be removed from this earth and I will understand how much time I could have spent serving instead of sinning.

Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that JESUS is GOD, LORD and SAVIOR of the world. I choose to say this before it is too late.

  • Do you believe JESUS can save you from eternal separation from HIM?
  • Will you change some of your ways today to serve HIM?
  • Can you take a moment out of your busy day to thank HIM for what HE has done for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment