Monday, June 20, 2011

Drop everything and follow GOD right now!

Mark 1: 16 As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 18 At once they left their nets and followed him.

============

In my mind there will always be something “better” to do than serve GOD. The game takes hours to watch yet sometimes I don’t allow a few minutes for GOD. In fact I spend an enormous amount time not focusing on GOD. I wonder if there is a better way.

  • When it came to school I said, “I need to study and I don’t have time for GOD.” 
  • When I got out of school I said, “I have a new job and I have to focus on that and I don’t have time for GOD.”
  • When I changed jobs I said, “I’m in another city and I don’t have time for GOD.”

Many times I have placed situations, circumstances, jobs and people in front of GOD. I wonder how HE felt about my decisions.

  • GOD loves when I drop everything to worship HIM.
  • GOD adores when I think about HIM first before I get too busy.
  • GOD is elated when my biggest concern is pleasing HIM.

Whether it is a short prayer before I start my drive or reading one sentence out of the Bible, GOD is pleased when I take time to pay attention to HIM and HIS greatness.  Jobs and humans will come and go, but GOD is the only thing in my life that remains forever.

  • Have you thought about how you are following GOD?
  • Are you too busy to serve HIM?
  • Can you reduce some of you busy life to have a conversation with GOD?
  • What do you think HE will say to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment