Thursday, June 23, 2011

Faith to move forward

Mark 4: 30 Again he said, “What shall we say the kingdom of God is like, or what parable shall we use to describe it? 31 It is like a mustard seed, which is the smallest of all seeds on earth. 32 Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds can perch in its shade.”

============

Great Bible heroes actually made me sad when I was younger. Stories taken out of context always painted these people as super great. It seemed like these supernatural things would never happen to me or I would never witness some of the great things GOD has done to get our attention.

One day we went out in a tough neighborhood explaining who CHRIST was to anyone who would hear it. I met a young man who told me he did some terrible things and wanted to be forgiven. GOD’s words were all I needed saying “JESUS forgives any and all of his sins.”

The young man believed and accepted the fact that he did not deserve CHRIST to save him but GOD did it anyway. The young man was now saved from eternal separation from GOD. Two weeks later I went to check on him and found out he had been killed.
  • I sometimes put false expectations on GOD.
  • I sometimes expect GOD to send fire from heaven when I command it which would serve no purpose than drawing attention to me.
  • I sometimes pout and threaten to not serve GOD when I don’t get my way when I pray for something.
Faith is a very strange thing to have. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. In other words I must depend on the fact that GOD knows what is best and my tiny acts of faith will produce a mountain of fruit.
  • When things are falling apart, the tiniest bit of faith moves GOD to produce fruit through me.
  • When things are tough and everything is going wrong, the tiniest bit of faith enables GOD to turn my pain into joy.
  • When things are not as they should be, the tiniest bit of faith allows me to see GOD has a better plan for my life.
No matter what the circumstance, whether the loss of a family member, job or relationship, GOD is there to help me because of the tiny faith I have in HIM.

  • Do you have the tiniest faith to continue to move forward?
  • Will you use your tiny faith to help someone today?
  • Can you believe that GOD will never leave you and HIS plan only needs a tiny bit of faith?
In loving memory of Uncle Vernon.

No comments:

Post a Comment