Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Is GOD real to me?

Matthew 16:  15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

============

As I packed up the family to go to church I wondered if “they” were growing spiritually. I believe I started an argument about them not reading their Bibles enough or not serving enough. Then that small still voice asked me “what are ‘you’ doing for ME?” 

I tried to pull my list of things I was doing for GOD together, but it was a very sad list. I was busy wanting other people to do what I should have been doing all along namely serving GOD with all my heart.

  • When GOD isn’t real to me, I try to take over the plan.
  • When GOD isn’t real to me, I try to control the situation.
  • When GOD isn’t real to me, I try to justify my actions.
  • When GOD isn’t real to me, I act without faith.
  • When GOD isn’t real to me, I dream small and complain when “that” doesn’t happen.

JESUS wants me to understand that HE died just for me to forgive my sins so that I can spend eternity with HIM in a pure loving relationship. No barrier, no person, no obstacle can separate me from HIS love. Humans will leave me and disappoint me, BUT GOD will never leave me nor forsake me.

  • When GOD is real to me, I can step out of the way and watch HIM work in others’ lives.
  • When GOD is real to me, I can trust that HIS plan is the only one worth following.
  • When GOD is real to me, I will take time to deliberately worship HIM instead of pushing HIM to the side for other priorities.

With GOD in my heart, I can never be lonely, disappointed, hurt or rejected. HE is always there providing comfort. JESUS went away to build a place for me to spend eternity with HIM. HE sent the COMFORTER to live inside me until that time. HE is with me “always.”

  • Who is JESUS to you?
  • Do you believe HE died for you?
  • Are you feeling lonely or rejected?
  • Are you trying to control or change others without first changing you?

No comments:

Post a Comment