Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Watch out!

Matthew 26: 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

============

“LORD if YOU would just get me out of this situation, I will never to ‘that’ again” are the empty words I have used several times with GOD.  I said these words to manipulate GOD into not punishing me for the sin I had just done.

  • When I lie my SPIRIT cries out yet I lie anyway.
  • When I lust my SPIRIT cries out yet I lust anyway.
  • When I am lazy my SPIRIT cries out yet I am lazy anyway.
  • When I am lost my SPIRIT cries out yet I remain lost anyway.

Temptation to sin is like falling into a sticky gooey substance with dirt and junk blowing around getting stuck to me. No matter how hard I struggle it seems like stuff just stick to me.

  • In order to avoid temptation I need to watch where I go.
  • In order to avoid sin I need to pray for help.
  • In order to avoid the traps laid out before me I need to watch out.
  • In order to avoid GOD’s judgment on me I need to pray for HIS forgiveness.

“Watch and Pray” are GOD’s words to clean me up while avoiding the pitfalls of life that I can easily fall into. HE wants me to understand myself and know what tempts me in order to stay away from that thing. HE knows if I were around “that” temptation I would easily fall into the sin.

The best thing for me to do is stay far away from that temptation by “watching” out for it and “praying” for GOD’s strength.

  • Are you falling into the same sin over and over?
  • Do you feel discouraged that you are doing that sin again?
  • Can you believe GOD has forgiven you for all your sins?
  • Can you relax your mind enough to replace discouragement with “watching” and “praying?”

No comments:

Post a Comment